PULLMAN, WASH – Thanksgiving break is coming up and on the WSU Campus that means certain streets on College Hill will have some change of rules. The Pullman Police Department is reminding drivers that parking is restricted during fall, winter and spring breaks in some portions of College Hill.
Each fall and winter, the narrow roadways and on-street parking in College Hill’s main areas add to the already difficult job of the City of Pullman Maintenance and Operations staff who work to complete seasonal tasks, like moving the leaves and plowing snow.
As the snow, ice and debris build up, it becomes increasingly difficult to clear narrow roadways, often resulting in streets being reduced to a single lane of travel.
This is why vehicles are asked to relocate during break.
Vehicles found parked on the following streets between the hours of 2 a.m. and 9 a.m. during a WSU break will be cited and towed.
- NE COLORADO STREET FROM NE D STREET TO NE OPAL STREET
- NE CAMPUS STREET FROM NE OPAL STREET TO NE B STREET
- NE B STREET FROM NE COLORADO STREET TO NE CALIFORNIA STREET
- NE CALIFORNIA STREET FROM NE B STREET TO NE RUBY STREET
- NE MAIDEN LANE FROM NE WHITMAN STREET TO NE OPAL STREET
- NE D STREET FROM NE COLORADO STREET TO NE ALPHA ROAD
- NE C STREET FROM NE COLORADO STREET TO NE ALPHA ROAD
- NE A STREET FROM NE COLORADO SREET TO CALIFORNIA STREET
- MAPLE STREET FROM CAMPUS TO NE COLORADO STREET
- NE LINDEN STREET FROM NE B STREET TO NE MONROE STREET
These rules are leaving students to relocate their cars they are leaving on College Hill over Thanksgiving break.
“I can’t just say whatever and just go and leave my car. I have to actually find a parking spot…And so it’s just really frustrating that there’s not just accessible or easy parking that I can’t just (a) park during break and (b) just park normally,” WSU Student, Bella Drew, said.
WSU transportation services have encouraged students to relocate their cars for the week in alternate parking options.
“Just be mindful of where you park, there is always signs, there is always going to be someone walking around in a vest… you can always ask them questions,” WSU Transportation employee said.
During the break parking will be available in the signed portion of the southeast corner of the gravel BLUE 1 lot across from the South Fairway Intramural Fields.
Those who intend to leave a vehicle in this area over the break are asked to notify WSU Transportation Services by sending their name, WSU ID number, and state, make & color of the vehicle with their personal contact information to [email protected]
A permit will not be required during this period.
A map of the impacted streets is located online. These rules begin the first day of break, which is November 22nd.